European Technology & Innovation Platform for Photovoltaics Conference on the QUALITY AND SUSTAINABILITY OF PV SYSTEMS – 3 May 2018: BIP, Rue Royale 2-4, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Save the date for the ETIP’s next conference, focusing on the quality and sustainability of PV systems. Dr. Achim Woyte (currently developing our new product, the PV Health Scan) will chair SESSION 4: “Quality and reliability, experience from the field”, and Mauricio Richter (our R&D Manager) will present “Operational Performance on Plant and Inverter Level: Data Analytics for Optimizing Operations and Maintenance”.
09:00 CONFERENCE OPENING
09:10 SESSION 1: Quality in solar PV: what can we learn from other EU and Global Initiatives?08:30 REGISTRATION
In this session, representatives from the most prominent initiatives in the field of performance and reliability will present their approach to quality
11:15 SESSION 2: Does quality have an impact on bankability?
- Private Equity
- Rating Agency
- Turnkey Solutions
- EPC contractor
12:00 – 13:30 LUNCH & POSTER SESSION
13:30 SESSION 3: Ecodesign, Ecolabeling and Green Procurement Policies – enabling more Sustainable Photovoltaics?
- Current Status of the joint preparatory study on Eco-Design, Eco-Labeling, Energy Labeling and Green Public Procurement of photovoltaic panels, inverters and PV systems
- NSF/ANSI 457 – International Sustainability leadership standard for Photovoltaic Modules – a benchmark for a global eco-label for PV modules
- Impact of Sustainability Initiatives on the European solar value chain
- IEA PVPS Task 12 – PV Sustainability – international collaboration enabling more sustainable photovoltaics
15:00 SESSION 4: Experience from the field
- Quality of components: due diligence and the role of the planning phase
- Quality during transportation
- Review of PV module failures in the field
- Inverter failures from monitored data
16:00 COFFEE BREAK & POSTER SESSION
16:30 SESSION 5: R&D Panel discussion – Best practices towards quality
17:15 CONFERENCE CLOSING